Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel



This is my first post participating in the Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel blog hop.

I thought I'd post this picture that I found online since it's so fabulous. It was done around 1967 by an artist named Dolesch. That's all that I know about the artist. I couldn't find any more info online nor could I find any other artwork although he or she might have done a postcard of Austria.

What caught my eye was the way the trees were done. I love them and I want to steal the idea. ;o)
As Picasso says, "Good artists copy; great artists steal." I've seen some other artists do something similar, but not with quite the same type of details. I love the colors as well. The more I look at it, the more I find interesting little treasures.

I've  never been to Montreal, but this drawing makes it look like a very colorful place.

I went to the gym this morning and it must've been disco day because they were playing disco music.  "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge came on which I have not heard in years. I noticed lyrics that I never paid attention to before. "No, we don't get depressed 'cause here's what we call our golden rule: Have faith in you and the things you do. You won't go wrong. This is our family jewel." Those are good words to live by!

It's a random gift I received today from the powers that be and I'm sharing it with you. Do something with it.

Happy Tuesday!

Stacy Johnson is the host of this blog hop. If you would like to join us, please visit her site, Stacy Uncorked, to be added. http://stacysrandomthoughts.com/2018/04/ho-hey-random-tuesday-thoughts/

Below are the participants. Please visit their blogs for more random goodness.

1.Forgetfulone3.messymimi's meanderings5.Kimberly Robello
2.Curious as a Cathy4.Adventures in Weseland



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Tuesday's Random Thoughts! It's my favorite post of the week. Thank you for coming by and leaving comments, and thanks, especially for the recipe link. I like that you can type in a specific food and get a recipe that uses it. I agree with you about walking. My grandfather lived to 98, and walks were a big part of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly,

    The artist's trees make me think of pieces on a quilt, sorta like patchwork with the branches plainly visible and the colors. It seems as a child, I drew trees similarly. It would be fun to try to mimic Dolesch's style, perhaps create my own greeting card scene. I see that you met Stacy through Random Tuesday Thoughts. Did you know that Stacy also co-hosts with me on Monday's Music Moves Me? So, now you have twice the reason to hit the dance floor! ;) Thanks for popping by to visit my 'U' iPad Art Sketch and voting in my latest BoTB. Have a pAwesome week! ;)

    Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday's Music Moves Me sounds like fun. I listen to unusual foreign pop music, but I'll dance with you all! lol

      Delete