Thursday, May 10, 2018

Creative Every Day - A partially colored page from my comic


I was testing out colors for my comic. It's based in the 1970s, so I chose a color palette for that era. I'm probably going to change the colors and re-work the background even though I like the colors I have here. I just feel like it needs purple in there somewhere. These are colors I don't normally use. My go-to color palette consists of red and blue, not yellow, orange, and green. Using these colors are out of my comfort zone, but if I use my preferred palette, it won't look very 70s.

The characters sitting at the table are based on me and my best friend. I'm the one on the left in the orange shirt. The story is fictional, but a lot of the story elements were taken from real experiences. I NEVER wear orange shirts now because they don't go well with my skin tone, but as a kid, I loved my orange shirt. I had to add it to the comic because it's the shirt I remember most from my childhood.



I hope you had a creative day!

Below are the participants of this blog hop. Please visit their blogs. If you would like to be creative with us, go to http://creativeeveryday.com/creative-every-day-challenge to sign up.

1.Leah13.Coffee25.Simonewolthuis
2.Charissa Rate14.Kristin Dudish26.Su- sieee! Mac
3.Annie15.Sherry27.Allison
4.Diana16.Lille Diane 28.bluesun
5.Colleen 17.CREATE WITH JOY 29.Mascha
6.Nature Footstep Photoart18.Faydra Jones30.Latisha
7.Nature Footstep Art19.Amyfrattolicsw@ gmail. com31.Virginia L Small
8.Garrisonjames20.amanda jessie coates32.Mary
9.Karen21.maron33.Sherry
10.Sharon- The Moxie Rabbit22.Sharon- The Moxie Rabbit34.Kimberly Robello
11.Susan Carol23.Simone Wolthuis35.You're next!
12.Jenna 24.Simone Wolthuis

2 comments:

  1. Very creative, and I like the colors, probably because I lived through the '70's.

    ReplyDelete