Saturday, May 12, 2018

Creative Every Day - Gia


I have a lot of characters in my comic, so here's another test design. This is for my character named Gia. She was Nia, but now she's Gia. I'm not sure if I'll stick with this name.

I used graphite pencil, Copic markers for the skin, and semi-cheap watercolors. I've never used Copic markers before, but they're smooth! They blend really well!

I'm trying to use this mint green color more often because that seems to be the "in" color these days in comics and other art. I see it a lot. It's a nice color, so I don't mind.

We had an early Mother's Day breakfast this morning for my husband's mom, then we went to the comic shop again. They're having sales every weekend this month. You have to get a card stamped every weekend in order to get discounts for the following weekend.

I got some Richie Rich comics for .50 each. There were comics creators there signing their graphic novels. I got Rockstars from Megan Hutchison who signed it for me. I couldn't get all of the graphic novels and I felt so bad that I didn't buy GNs from the other artists! I hate the guilty feeling when the artist is staring at you expecting you to buy their book and you don't buy it. *guilt guilt guilt* That might be me some day.

Next week is the actual graphic novel sale, so they probably should have done their signing then, but I don't know the particulars of the business.

So there you go. I hope you had a creative day!

Below are the participants of this blog hop. Please visit their blogs. If you would like to be creative with us, go to http://creativeeveryday.com/creative-every-day-challenge to sign up.

1.Leah13.Coffee25.Simonewolthuis
2.Charissa Rate14.Kristin Dudish26.Su- sieee! Mac
3.Annie15.Sherry27.Allison
4.Diana16.Lille Diane 28.bluesun
5.Colleen 17.CREATE WITH JOY 29.Mascha
6.Nature Footstep Photoart18.Faydra Jones30.Latisha
7.Nature Footstep Art19.Amyfrattolicsw@ gmail. com31.Virginia L Small
8.Garrisonjames20.amanda jessie coates32.Mary
9.Karen21.maron33.Sherry
10.Sharon- The Moxie Rabbit22.Sharon- The Moxie Rabbit34.Kimberly Robello
11.Susan Carol23.Simone Wolthuis35.You're next!
12.Jenna 24.Simone Wolthuis

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly,

    You did a nice job. I'd love to be better with drawing people. :) Your colors look great, too!! Have a sketchtastic week!

    ReplyDelete