Monday, May 14, 2018

Creative Every Day - Doll Drawing



I wanted to post for Mother's Day, but I just wasn't able to. My husband took us out for lunch and dinner. I was so tired, I took a nap in between which is rare for me. I wonder if there was gluten in the food because I was still tired early even though I had a nap. I'm still tired this morning! I had a Thai iced coffee last night, but that didn't keep me up. I really need to finish my cup of coffee this morning because I have a lot of stuff to do today! No time to slow down!

After my last post, my friend wanted me to do an illustration of one of her favorite dolls in that style. Here's the doll and what I came up with so far. It's not done yet.
I forgot that she wasn't supposed to have shoes. I was drawing her feet, but without looking at the picture, I thought she was supposed to have shoes. I erased the toes and added the shoes. Later, I found out I was right the first time!

My friend said it was okay, though. She collects dolls and reviews them online. Her web site is called Confessions of a Doll Collector's Daughter https://dollyconfessions.wordpress.com/ if you want to take a look.

She is also a writer and helps me with my writing and comics as a beta reader. She gives me great critiques!

I hope you had a creative day!

Below are the participants of this blog hop. Please visit their blogs. If you would like to be creative with us, go to http://creativeeveryday.com/creative-every-day-challenge to sign up.

1.Leah13.Coffee25.Simonewolthuis
2.Charissa Rate14.Kristin Dudish26.Su- sieee! Mac
3.Annie15.Sherry27.Allison
4.Diana16.Lille Diane 28.bluesun
5.Colleen 17.CREATE WITH JOY 29.Mascha
6.Nature Footstep Photoart18.Faydra Jones30.Latisha
7.Nature Footstep Art19.Amyfrattolicsw@ gmail. com31.Virginia L Small
8.Garrisonjames20.amanda jessie coates32.Mary
9.Karen21.maron33.Sherry
10.Sharon- The Moxie Rabbit22.Sharon- The Moxie Rabbit34.Kimberly Robello
11.Susan Carol23.Simone Wolthuis35.You're next!
12.Jenna 24.Simone Wolthuis

2 comments:

  1. Is this doll inspired by the paintings of the "Big Eyes" creator, Margaret Keane?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, but you might be right. Maybe inspired in some way. If I'm thinking correctly of the artist you're talking about, there is a movie about her life depicting how her husband forced her to do all those paintings so he could make money from selling them. I haven't seen the movie, but I want to see it.

      Delete