Friday, May 11, 2018

Celebrate The Small Things - May 11, 2018



This week, my husband and I celebrated our 17 year wedding anniversary. We have been together for 20 years if you include dating. Wow, time flies! We don't travel very far from home and I don't fly because of very thin retinas (I'm afraid the air pressure in the plane will snap them like they did with my friend's mom), so we took our kids with us to do the Warner Bros. Studio Tour. We have taken the tour twice before over ten years ago. They improved it a lot! We got to see the Batman movie vehicles and the museum. The museum had Justice League, Harry Potter, and other movie costumes.



 Costumes. Do you see Alison Dilaurentis in the portrait? She's from Pretty Little Liars. It's a teen "murder" mystery/drama show.



Hogwarts letters to Harry Potter:

We got free comics on Free Comic Book Day, as well. These are some of the free comics I got. I already read Casper, but I'm looking forward to reading the first two on top next. They're right up my alley. One comic shop was giving away 8 comics of your choice!

We left our kids home for the first time since they're old enough now. How glorious it was to not be bugged to go home while I'm looking at the comics!

These are these are the books my husband bought me while we were at the comic shops.

I love Deb Lucke's art style in Lunch Witch. She's so brave and bold with her art! I needed this book to give me inspiration whenever I need it. I've read it already and it has a great whimsical style. I need to throw caution to the wind like she does!

The Short Con kept calling to me, so I had to get it. Sometimes there are books that you keep going to on the bookshelf for some unknown reason. I think those are the books you are supposed to get. It will benefit you in some way. That's how I interpret that feeling.

I've read most of the Moomin books from the library. This is the first time I've seen a Moomin book in the store, so I got it for inspiration and reference.

The last thing I'm celebrating is this wonderful video my friend sent me this week that is very inspiring for writers and artists.


Have a great weekend!

What are you celebrating?


This is a blog hop hosted by Lexa Cain and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner and Tonja Drecker. Please be so kind as to visit their blogs and participating blogs listed below. Thank you!


Lexa Cain @ http://lexacain.blogspot.com/


L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog
1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell8.Constantine
9.My Miracle Life10.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams
11.Lara Lacombe12.TF Walsh
13.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures14.Suzanne Furness
15.Elizabeth Seckman16.Avalon
17.My Baffling Brain18.Planet Kimberly
19.Shah Wharton20.Victorian Scribbles
21.Tanya Miranda22.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
23.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace24.Square Pegs
25.Patricia's Place26.Anne Higa
27.My Antimatter Life28.Bouquet of Books
29.Lightravellerkate30.Curious As A Cathy
31.Glennie's Random Ramblings32.In My Own Words
33.Tamara Narayan, Author34.My Creatively Random Life
35.Yvonne Ventresca36.On Becoming a Writer
37.Decadent Kane38.Stacy Uncorked
39.Sharon Himsl--Shells, Tales & Sails40.Cloud Nine Girl
41.Our Simple Life42.Our Prime Years
43.Allison Bruning

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! I'm celebrating because I received a letter from my son today with a Mom's Day message so sweet that it made me cry.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete