Friday, April 20, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things - April 20, 2018



We started off the week by watching Ready Player One. Boy, was that good! It's almost completely different from the book, yet highly entertaining! I'm reading the book to the kids and they love it. My older son said, "I wish the Oasis was real." I don't doubt that such a thing may come into existence in the future. I just hope reality won't be as bleak as in the book. Spielberg did a good job directing it. Since the movie is so different from the book, it doesn't ruin the book for the kids. They are too old for me to be reading to them, but I like to do it and they like me reading to them, too. It's quality time.



I renewed my driver's license online this week. Wow, they want everyone to get a Real ID by Oct. 1, 2020 or we won't be able to board an airplane or enter a federal building. A simple driver's license won't cut it. What happens if we get a summons for jury duty and can't enter the courthouse without a Real ID? lol I opted to get the Real ID later because it requires you to physically go to a DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) to get it. Those places are depicted as Hell in some movies/shows. There's a reason. No one wants to be there. I was so pissed off there once that by the time it was my turn to take a picture, I couldn't bring myself to smile for the camera. That picture actually came out pretty good. My current picture came out horrible. I look like a shiny faced pig in it. *sigh* I'll get the Real ID eventually.



I printed out 27 pages of story ideas that I had saved on my computer for over ten years. I made the font as small as I could read it so I could save ink. I don't have enough years in my life to complete all of the stories, so I'm going to see if I can incorporate some of them into my comic series. It's much easier than staring at a blank sheet of paper trying to come up with new ideas for my characters.


It's a shame that Art Bell died this week, but it made me re-listen to some of his shows which I enjoyed immensely. He knew how to handle all kinds of callers like a true pro. His reactions to incredible stories were so funny. What a loss. I'm glad my dad told me about him years ago. His shows opened my mind and I'm not a part of the "sheeple" as much as I used to be. We all are pretty much sheeple. I'm more aware now that the media tells us what and how to think, but in this technological age it's hard to get away from that.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about politics because that's depressing. Maybe we should be more like Spongebob, positive and happy! Let's go jellyfishing!

What are you celebrating?


This is a blog hop hosted by Lexa Cain and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner and Tonja Drecker. Please be so kind as to visit their blogs and participating blogs listed below. Thank you!

Lexa Cain @ http://lexacain.blogspot.com/
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog
 
1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell8.Constantine
9.My Miracle Life10.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams
11.Lara Lacombe12.TF Walsh
13.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures14.Suzanne Furness
15.Elizabeth Seckman16.Avalon
17.My Baffling Brain18.Planet Kimberly
19.Shah Wharton20.Victorian Scribbles
21.Tanya Miranda22.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
23.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace24.Square Pegs
25.Patricia's Place26.Anne Higa
27.My Antimatter Life28.Bouquet of Books
29.Lightravellerkate30.Curious As A Cathy
31.Glennie's Random Ramblings32.In My Own Words
33.Tamara Narayan, Author34.My Creatively Random Life
35.Yvonne Ventresca36.On Becoming a Writer
37.Decadent Kane38.Stacy Uncorked
39.Sharon Himsl--Shells, Tales & Sails40.Cloud Nine Girl
41.Our Simple Life42.Our Prime Years
43.Allison Bruning

No comments:

Post a Comment