Friday, August 4, 2017

Celebrate The Small Things - August 4, 2017

 
This week a friend of mine told me about an Al Hirshfeld documentary on YouTube that I ended up watching. It was inspirational and it made me want to watch more biographies. 

My husband found a biography of Arnold Schwarzenegger on YouTube as well and that was also motivational. It seems like successful people are very focused, determined, hard-working, lucky, are not swayed by people who don't like what they do, and think outside-the-box.

I did not win the Scholastic Graphix contest, but I'm still working on my graphic novel and will eventually get it published. I was disappointed that they chose people who already had a following, won a contest before, have established webcomics, and completed graphic novels before. It was my understanding that they were looking for a debut/new graphic novelist. Looking at it from a money standpoint, I can understand how Scholastic would feel safer going with people who already have a following. I don't even have a single comic online. 

So, I'm going to continue working on my graphic novel and work on starting a webcomic. I am working on an outline for a webcomic that is in the teen drama/fantasy genre. I have thumbnails for funny comics, but it's hard to come up with funny stuff on a regular basis, so I'm debating on whether or not to develop them for webcomics.

I started a new workout program this week that kicked my butt. Weight lifting makes me very tired which doesn't help when I'm working on my graphic novel. Coffee doesn't help keep me awake either, but I still drink it haha.

I've been thinking about our blog hop host Lexa Cain. She has been sick and has not been online. I hope she is okay. Please pray for her to get better. 

Enjoy your weekend. Make the most of it.

Check out the blogs below for your reading pleasure and please visit our hosts' blogs:
Lexa Cain: http://lexacain.blogspot.com/
L.G. Keltner http://lgkeltner.blogspot.co.uk/
Tonja Drecker http://tonjadrecker.blogspot.com/

1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell8.Constantine
9.My Miracle Life10.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams
11.Lara Lacombe12.TF Walsh
13.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures14.Suzanne Furness
15.Elizabeth Seckman16.Avalon
17.My Baffling Brain18.Planet Kimberly
19.Shah Wharton20.Victorian Scribbles
21.Tanya Miranda22.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
23.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace24.Square Pegs
25.Patricia's Place26.Anne Higa
27.My Antimatter Life28.Bouquet of Books
29.Lightravellerkate30.Curious As A Cathy
31.Glennie's Random Ramblings32.In My Own Words
33.Tamara Narayan, Author34.My Creatively Random Life
35.Yvonne Ventresca36.On Becoming a Writer
37.Decadent Kane38.Stacy Uncorked
39.Sharon Himsl--Shells, Tales & Sails40.Cloud Nine Girl
41.Our Simple Life42.Our Prime Years
43.Allison Bruning

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kimberly, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Just now I was reading your "about me" section and am so envious that you are fluent in French. I studied French in college, but with no opportunity to use it, it's faded except for a word here and there. My husband and I are learning Spanish (which we CAN use here in California) because we go to Spain frequently. Good luck with your lessons in the other languages as well.

    ReplyDelete