Friday, August 18, 2017

Celebrate The Small Things - August 18, 2017

 

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks so this will encompass the last two weeks. 

We discovered a place near our house that has two waterslides, a splash pad, and a pool that is really cheap. It's $1 for kids and $2 for adults. My kids went down the waterslides for the first time. At first, my younger son refused to go on it because it was too high, but he didn't want to wait for us by himself, so he followed us up. After he came down for the first time, he was all smiles and wanted to go on it again. They went down it about ten times. I was done in three or four. It's too bad that I only found out about this place two weeks before school started. We enjoyed it, though.

We were supposed to meet our friends from the gym there, but they went to the wrong pool. A couple of days later, we met up, but the waterslides weren't working, so we ended up at the pool they went to the first time. My friend has four kids. My kids play with her three boys on the Xbox and they take mixed martial arts together at the gym. It was nice for the kids to actually go out and play together instead of play in a virtual world (video games) which is what they did most of the summer.
Last weekend we went to a birthday party where they played laser tag outside in a cul-de-sac, swam in a pool, and played old fashioned games like kick-the-can and another game that I forget the name of. My older son loves kick-the-can. In an era where it's dangerous for kids to play outside, I'm glad he got to play that and enjoyed it. 

The kids went back to school at the end of last week, so I'm getting back into my old routine. 
We watched Elle Ip's inspiring weight lost journey on YouTube which got me more motivated to lose weight. If you get the chance, watch it. She's amazing! When she was pregnant with her second child, she declared that she was going to compete in a fitness competition the following year. She was overweight, had no trainer, no gym membership, no nanny, and no nutritionist. She worked her butt off at home. That's discipline!
My new workout plan includes a lot more cardio. I took my dogs for a walk a few times and jogged with them as part of my cardio. Within ten minutes, sweat was pouring down my face. My clothes are starting to feel a little looser which is a slight improvement. I'm following Sarah Louise Hawkins' workout because she has about the same build/body type I have.
As part of my cardio, I'm also doing Zumba workouts at home from YouTube. In doing so, I found a few new songs I really like. I love discovering new songs! They are Chammak Challo by Akon, Vente Pa Ca by Ricky Martin, and Tu Me Quemas by Chino y Nacho featuring Gente De Zona and Los Cadillacs.

I fixed our running toilet this week. I replaced the connector and the valve as well. I had to drive to the hardware store three times, but I got it fixed without too much of a problem. Yay! Thank God for YouTube!

Almost every night before going to sleep, I've been working on two outlines for webcomic stories. I work on my graphic novels during the day, but I'm trying to set aside 10-15 minutes per day at least on putting a webcomic together which includes writing the outlines. I think it was James Joyce who worked on his writing 15 minutes per day while working a day job. Slow and steady wins the race eventually!

I hope you had a good week!
Check out the blogs below for your reading pleasure and please visit our hosts' blogs:
Lexa Cain: http://lexacain.blogspot.com/
L.G. Keltner http://lgkeltner.blogspot.co.uk/
Tonja Drecker http://tonjadrecker.blogspot.com/
1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell8.Constantine
9.My Miracle Life10.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams
11.Lara Lacombe12.TF Walsh
13.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures14.Suzanne Furness
15.Elizabeth Seckman16.Avalon
17.My Baffling Brain18.Planet Kimberly
19.Shah Wharton20.Victorian Scribbles
21.Tanya Miranda22.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
23.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace24.Square Pegs
25.Patricia's Place26.Anne Higa
27.My Antimatter Life28.Bouquet of Books
29.Lightravellerkate30.Curious As A Cathy
31.Glennie's Random Ramblings32.In My Own Words
33.Tamara Narayan, Author34.My Creatively Random Life
35.Yvonne Ventresca36.On Becoming a Writer
37.Decadent Kane38.Stacy Uncorked
39.Sharon Himsl--Shells, Tales & Sails40.Cloud Nine Girl
41.Our Simple Life42.Our Prime Years
43.Allison Bruning
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that: 'slow and steady' wins the race. 15 minutes? James Joyce did that? That's encouraging, because on average that's probably about how much writing I get done.

    ReplyDelete