Friday, July 21, 2017

Celebrate The Small Things - July 21, 2017

 

I've missed the last two weeks of posting since around the 4th of July. My father-in-law came to town and stayed with us for a couple of days. We went to Disneyland and California Adventure for two days. 

For the 4th of July my father-in-law wanted to grill at our house, so that's what we did. We walked to the park later that night and watched the fireworks display. While the fireworks show was going on, we saw a strange light moving in different directions. Up, down, right, left, up, and up. It wasn't a plane and it was too fast for a helicopter. I'm not sure if it was a UFO or a drone. I wanted to watch it, but I also wanted to watch the fireworks, so I was looking back and forth at them. Haha. I didn't feel like I needed to be concerned about it, so maybe that's why it didn't keep my attention. Now I wish I had videotaped it. D'oh! My husband recorded it for a short period of time. He texted me the video, but when he did, the colors dropped out. When we saw the lights, I saw reddish-orange, white, and green. My husband and son said they didn't see green. They saw blue. When it was texted to me, it was all white. I don't know why I didn't pay more attention. I don't even remember the colors clearly anymore. I just know the lights were jumping around very high up in the sky.
 
Before my father-in-law left, we got him to play One Night Werewolf with us. They are very short 10 minute games that are a lot of fun. If you get the werewolf card, you have to convince the other players that you're not the werewolf. If there is more than one werewolf, they team up. It can get complicated, but once you know the rules, even kids can understand it. My youngest son loves to play it. My father-in-law had to pause at the beginning of the game to ask, "What does the Alpha Wolf do?" So, we knew he was the Alpha Wolf and voted him off at the end of the game. We had a lot of laughs playing the game.
 
We also have (One Night) Daybreak and One Night Vampire. One Night Alien came out recently, so we bought it at a gaming store last weekend. Our son was so happy! I think this game is the most fun out of all the One Night games because the narrator is funnier (on the app) and you get to switch other players' cards more often while their eyes are closed. These are the only non-video games our kids love.

We went to the beach last weekend and parking was terrible. The kids only got to swim in the water for about an hour because of the parking, so this weekend we are going to try another beach with an actual parking lot. Hopefully, it will be a better outing than last time. At least we had an hour of swim time. Celebratin' the small things!
 
Have a great weekend!
This is a blog hop!
Check out the blogs below for your reading pleasure and please visit our hosts' blogs:
Lexa Cain: http://lexacain.blogspot.com/
L.G. Keltner http://lgkeltner.blogspot.co.uk/
Tonja Drecker http://tonjadrecker.blogspot.com/
If you would like to join our blog hop, visit Lexa Cain's blog for info.



1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell8.Constantine
9.My Miracle Life10.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams
11.Lara Lacombe12.TF Walsh
13.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures14.Suzanne Furness
15.Elizabeth Seckman16.Avalon
17.My Baffling Brain18.Planet Kimberly
19.Shah Wharton20.Victorian Scribbles
21.Tanya Miranda22.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
23.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace24.Square Pegs
25.Patricia's Place26.Anne Higa
27.My Antimatter Life28.Bouquet of Books
29.Lightravellerkate30.Curious As A Cathy
31.Glennie's Random Ramblings32.In My Own Words
33.Tamara Narayan, Author34.My Creatively Random Life
35.Yvonne Ventresca36.On Becoming a Writer
37.Decadent Kane38.Stacy Uncorked
39.Sharon Himsl--Shells, Tales & Sails40.Cloud Nine Girl
41.Our Simple Life42.Our Prime Years
43.Allison Bruning

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you packed in a lot of fun. My son would have been enthralled by the strange lights. I'm too logical to believe in extraterrestrial and the patpranormal - always try to find rational explanations. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you can find a better beach parking situation...kids need swim time in summer!

    ReplyDelete