Friday, June 9, 2017

Celebrate The Small Things - June 9, 2017

 

This week I celebrated my birthday on the weekend and on the day of, so I got to go to dinner twice. My family got me a chocolate, gluten-free cake which was delicious and sang to me when I got up in the morning. I was so preoccupied with blowing out all those candles that I forgot to make a wish! So, my husband lit the candles again and they sang the birthday song to me again even though I told them they didn't have to. Hahaha!

When we went to dinner, the staff at the restaurant sang to me and I forgot to make a wish before blowing the candle out again! I really am getting old! 

I happened upon a podcast on YouTube called Horrifying Search and Rescue Stories. I must say, those were the most interesting things I've heard all week. I've never heard of people seeing stairs in the middle of the woods before. I was thinking they were from an old dwelling, but that doesn't seem the case in these stories. They had no leaves and no dirt on them. People were told not to go near them, but when one person did, his hand got chopped off. WTH? And the stairs are not always in the same spot they were before. Wow, there are more creepy things in the woods than I thought. I'm glad I came across this podcast, though. I love creepy stories like that.

My husband asked me if I wanted jewelry for my birthday, but I'm not into jewelry. I prefer books, art supplies, and makeup. 
 
I'm trying to reduce clutter by not buying books, but I really wanted Guy Delisle's books A User's Guide To Neglectful Parenting and Even More Bad Parenting Advice. My husband bought them for me and I finished them right away. They are so funny! My kids even read them and thought they were funny. I have some story ideas like these thumbnailed out that I really need to re-draw and color.

Have a great weekend! 
This is a blog hop!
Check out the blogs below for your reading pleasure and please visit our hosts' blogs:
Lexa Cain: http://lexacain.blogspot.com/
L.G. Keltner http://lgkeltner.blogspot.co.uk/
Tonja Drecker http://tonjadrecker.blogspot.com/
If you would like to join our blog hop, visit Lexa Cain's blog for info.
 
 1.

Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell8.Constantine
9.My Miracle Life10.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams
11.Lara Lacombe12.TF Walsh
13.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures14.Suzanne Furness
15.Elizabeth Seckman16.Avalon
17.My Baffling Brain18.Planet Kimberly
19.Shah Wharton20.Victorian Scribbles
21.Tanya Miranda22.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
23.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace24.Square Pegs
25.Patricia's Place26.Anne Higa
27.My Antimatter Life28.Bouquet of Books
29.Lightravellerkate30.Curious As A Cathy
31.Glennie's Random Ramblings32.In My Own Words
33.Tamara Narayan, Author34.My Creatively Random Life
35.Yvonne Ventresca36.On Becoming a Writer
37.Decadent Kane38.Stacy Uncorked
39.Sharon Himsl--Shells, Tales & Sails40.Cloud Nine Girl
41.Our Simple Life42.Our Prime Years

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Abundant blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great birthday celebration! Happy birthday, even if I am a little late...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. Isn't there like a three second rule for birthday wishes. Just re light the cake and make a wish, or as it's now well past the moment, grab a little cake or pastry, whack a candle in it and go for it. Failing that, next birthday remember to wish that you memory doesn't fail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as though you had a lovely birthday. I shall be keeping a lookout for spooky staircases!

    ReplyDelete