Friday, April 28, 2017

Celebrate The Small Things - April 28, 2017


Another week flew by.

This week I colored my hair and ordered fidget spinner toys for my kids. They nagged for many days almost every hour to get these darn spinners. There were problems with the web site, but I was able to order them on Tuesday. They finally arrived in the mail on Thursday so I brought them to the school to surprise my kids when they got out. I bought them a Popsicle after school, but it was the spinner toy they were excited about. Seeing how happy they were was worth the nagging.

Even though I'm behind schedule for my graphic novel, I was able to get a couple of panels done this week. I'm pretty happy with them so far.

I got a good idea for another story this week and put it in my new file on Google Docs. It's much easier and faster to use voice recognition to add my ideas to Google Docs. I don't have to hunt for my notebook of story ideas. Google Docs is right on my phone. I just open it up, turn the microphone on, and dictate my story into the app. It's so convenient! Plus, it's in the cloud, so I don't have to worry about losing it. I love technology!

My new favorite Zumba instructor is subbing the class I go to until June! I adjusted my schedule to attend his class this week after I heard he would be there. He played all 80s music at the request of one of the girls. Hammer time! Flashdance! Janet Jackson! Roger Rabbit! I danced like no one was watching. Didn't care! Ha ha!

What are you celebrating?
Check out the blogs below for your reading pleasure and please visit our hosts' blogs:
Lexa Cain: http://lexacain.blogspot.com/
L.G. Keltner http://lgkeltner.blogspot.co.uk/
Tonja Drecker http://tonjadrecker.blogspot.com/
If you would like to join our blog hop, visit Lexa Cain's blog for info.

1.

Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell8.Constantine
9.My Miracle Life10.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams
11.Lara Lacombe12.TF Walsh
13.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures14.Suzanne Furness
15.Elizabeth Seckman16.Avalon
17.My Baffling Brain18.Planet Kimberly
19.Shah Wharton20.Victorian Scribbles
21.Tanya Miranda22.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
23.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace24.Square Pegs
25.Patricia's Place26.Anne Higa
27.My Antimatter Life28.Bouquet of Books
29.Lightravellerkate30.Curious As A Cathy
31.Glennie's Random Ramblings32.In My Own Words
33.Tamara Narayan, Author34.My Creatively Random Life
35.Yvonne Ventresca36.Two Book Minimum
37.On Becoming a Writer38.Decadent Kane
39.Stacy Uncorked40.Sharon Himsl--Shells, Tales & Sails
41.Cloud Nine Girl

6 comments:

  1. You have lots to celebrate. I'm sure the kids are thrilled with their spinner toy surprises. The Zumba class must've been fun. I love most kinds of music, being a former voice student. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a pleasure to see our kids excited and happy. So glad your graphic novel is coming along nicely. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the spinner toy and happy kids! It sounds like you're making good progress with new GN ideas. I'm still amazed there's such a thing as "voice recognition." Have a great time with your zumba class. Yes, 80s (and 70s) music is the best! Cheerful and happy and great to dance to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always dance that way, mostly because I can't dance and I really don't care who's watching LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had a great week! May many more follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zumba! good for you! I need to try it someday. Just noticed that you are French. I've been reading the memoir 'French Toast' about an American woman who marries a Frenchman. They live in Paris. It's part of research for a book I'm thinking about writing. Anyway, thought I'd mention. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete