Friday, August 12, 2016

Celebrate The Small Things - August 12



 

I meant to post this last week, but I had a series of unfortunate events. Our air conditioner is finally working, but it’s a temporary fix. That aside, we had a week of plumbing problems.

It started when our kitchen faucet started to leak at the base. Every time I turned the water on, it leaked onto the countertop and into the open cracks along the wall and basin. The water attracted the ants that came in through the cracks in the caulk. I went on YouTube to learn how to caulk a sink and patched it up. It’s not as easy as it looks, but I got the job done.

Again, I consulted YouTube and learned how to change a faucet. I was confident that I could do it all on my own. I decided I would change the leaky bathroom faucet too since the water was already turned off in the house. Well, it didn’t go as smoothly as I had hoped. To make this long story short, this is what happened. Over the course of three or four days, I had to make several trips to the hardware store. Something leaked every day. It went from the faucet, to the valve, to the water filtration tank, another valve, the drain pipe, and then the water filtration housing. When one thing was fixed, something else leaked. It was like that old cartoon where the character plugs up a hole and then another opens up and so on. It was disheartening and strange.

Before I was able to fix the last leak, my husband saw a ghost in the kitchen. My kids saw the same thing in their room. As usual, I saw nothing. I blessed the house before I fixed the last leak and waited a few hours to let the blessing kick in. Then I fixed it. I had doubts that it was going to stop leaking but it did. All I had to do was clean a screw for the last leak, but the screw didn’t look very dirty at all. I didn’t think it would solve the problem, but so far it hasn’t leaked again. Knock on wood. Haha.

I told my friend, Lisa, about it and she asked me if our plumbing problems started happening after my aunt’s funeral a few weeks ago. It seemed like it, but I wasn’t sure. She said she had breathing problems since the funeral and she doesn’t have asthma. She also saw curtains at the church moving, but it wasn't the a/c. We discussed a strange lady who was at the funeral that gave us the creeps. She was not a family member, but she was videotaping us. We speculated that maybe she was a witch or a psychic vampire. I told Lisa about a prayer she could use to deflect negative energy. 

The next day, I asked Lisa if her breathing problems went away. She thought about it and was surprised that they did go away after she said the prayer. My plumbing problems went away as well. Hmmm. Strange. In any case, it’s reason to celebrate!


What are you celebrating?
Check out the blogs below for your reading pleasure and please visit our hosts' blogs:
Lexa Cain: http://lexacain.blogspot.com/
L.G. Keltner http://lgkeltner.blogspot.co.uk/
Tonja Drecker http://tonjadrecker.blogspot.com/
If you would like to join our blog hop, visit Lexa Cain's blog for info.

1.

Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.My Inner Geek8.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell
9.Constantine10.My Miracle Life
11.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams12.Shells Tales and Sails
13.Lara Lacombe14.TF Walsh
15.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures16.About myself, by myself
17.Suzanne Furness18.Elizabeth Seckman
19.Avalon20.Cherdo on the Flipside
21.My Baffling Brain22.Planet Kimberly
23.Shah Wharton24.Mere Joyce
25.Victorian Scribbles26.Tanya Miranda
27.God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things28.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
29.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace30.Square Pegs
31.Patricia's Place32.Yvonne Van Dalen
33.Anne Higa34.My Antimatter Life
35.Bouquet of Books36.Lightravellerkate
37.Curious As A Cathy38.Julie Flanders
39.As the Fates Would Have It40.Crazy Old Lady
41.In My Own Words42.Allison Bruning
43.Tamara Narayan, Author44.My Creatively Random Life
45.Yvonne Ventresca



4 comments:

  1. Plumbing problems can be the worst! I hope to someday get some of mine sorted out before I have to build an outhouse or something.

    As for your psychic vampire--- that's why I carry a vial of holy water in my purse. You can get proper blessed holy water at any Catholic church, and it does seem to work. Not like in the horror movies where it makes vampires melt, though. And you put it on yourself, not on the alleged psychic vampire which can be socially awkward.

    Blessed be,
    Nissa
    http:/myantimatterlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an odd post. This could be a story. Spooky. Glad things are getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an interestingly bizarre story. I'm glad the plumbing and breathing problems went away. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I've never had a paranormal encounter. Sometimes I wonder how I'd react if I ever had one. I applaud your DIY-ness. I've fixed plumbing issues before and they can be a real pain. I hope that's all behind you now and you can enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm not sure is the plumbing problems or the ghost was the biggest adventure. Huge kudos to you for braving them both! The bravest thing I've ever done was go up the ladder to replace the flourescent bulbs and their "starters" in rooms. I'm kinda big and I was sure the cheap aluminum ladder would crumple under me! Luckily it didn't. Yay for you, tough lady, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete