Friday, July 10, 2015

Celebrate The Small Things - July 10, 2015

 

This week went by in a blur. Sometimes I just want to be a hermit and live on a mountain. There would be no one to bug me, no obligations, no bills, I wouldn't have to shave or wear makeup or make myself smell nice. Or work out. My schedule would be CLEAR. Wouldn't we all just like to lie back and watch the clouds float on a warm breezy day? Like Kiki in Kiki's Delivery Service. But then reality would set in and I would have to find food, water, shelter, and fend off animals and bugs. Gosh, I think I've written about hermits more than once. I need SERENITY!

I made the kids wash the dog tonight while I made dinner. Sounds simple, right? An hour and a half later, they are still rinsing the dog. I found out they let the water run the whole time! And we are in a drought! My oldest son was crying his eyes out because he couldn't get the dog clean and couldn't get the soap off. I nearly flipped my lid. They must've used half the bottle of dog shampoo because the dog was so soapy and the tub was filled with suds. Do you remember the show Malcolm in the Middle? That's us.

Anyway, at least I got about 3-4 dummy pages done for my picture book. Six more to go. The end is near. I hope. 

I made this birthday card for my friend whose birthday is coming up soon. I know the photo is off center, but I'm too tired to retake it. This friend used to be a hula dancer, so I drew one for her. Plus, I couldn't think of anything else to draw for her. :o/

 

What are you celebrating?

If you'd like to join the Celebrate The Small Things blog hop, visit our talented host, Lexa @ Lexa Cain for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts, LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge and Tonja @ Kidbits Blog

1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.My Inner Geek8.Eclectic Alli
9.Kim Graff10.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell
11.Constantine12.My Miracle Life
13.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams14.My Creatively Random Life
15.Jeff Chapman's Writing16.Shells Tales and Sails
17.Lara Lacombe18.TF Walsh
19.Caring for my Veteran20.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures
21.About myself, by myself22.Suzanne Furness
23.My Write Spot24.Elizabeth Seckman
25.Avalon26.Cherdo on the Flipside
27.Writing By Marilyn28.My Baffling Brain
29.Planet Kimberly30.Shah Wharton
31.Mere Joyce32.Just Get It Written
33.Kathleen S. Allen34.Black Coffee and Cigarettes
35.Victorian Scribbles36.Dandilyonfluff
37.Curious as a Cathy38.Tanya Miranda
39.Teresa Morse40.Catherine Ensley
41.God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things42.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
43.Precious Monsters44.Carole Anne Carr
45.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace46.Square Pegs
47.Sandy's Space48.The Beveled Edge
49.Lisa Manifold50.Lori Carlson
51.Patricia's Place52.Peace, Love, & Books
53.Desiree Yearning

5 comments:

  1. OMG I can just picture the kids washing that dog. That is precious. Bet you didn't think it was as it happened, now did you? Your house must be fun. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hulu dancer is adorable! Lol! Yeah, letting the kids do things like that usually does end up with more work than before, but I figure at least it kept them busy and entertained...oh, and I'd love to send some of our rain your way. An exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the progress with your dummy book! And at least the dog (and probably the kids) got clean and rinsed eventually. I seriously want a mountaintop too. "Serenity" is a beautiful word. Someday I may get to know what it means. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a super cute drawing!
    YES about the hermit. I've seriously considered that a few times. But then I think that I must do more, so here I am. lol.

    ReplyDelete