Friday, May 8, 2015

Celebrate The Small Things - May 8

 


This week I was able to post an illustration to the Illustration Friday web site. I was thinking that I should try to participate every week and do the drawing as if I were submitting it for a magazine article or something professional like that. It's good practice in case I want to apply for a real freelance illustration job. This week's word is:
 

I've been looking for a white pen to draw with and I finally found one last night! It's not what I expected, but it's something to start with. While my kids were in karate, I ran over to the Japanese bookstore nearby. They have all kinds of cool drawing and writing materials there. It's a Uni-ball Signo, made in Japan. It looks pretty and slick. It draws on colored paper pretty well. The drawback is that it's kind of chalky like Wite-Out, so if you draw over it, it can flake off. It's a fine point, but I'm on a mission to find an even finer point because I just like to draw that way.

I'm also celebrating rain! Yay! But we need more, so bring it on!

My husband and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary this week. Gosh, we're getting old! lol

I finished a few drawings for my PB as well. I can't wait to get to the final painting stage. I really need to move my arse on this because I heard that the SCBWI conference is in August. It would be great if I could show a finished dummy to an editor or agent at the conference. And even greater if I could afford to go.

Those are the things I'm celebrating this week. What are you celebrating?
If you'd like to join the Celebrate The Small Things blog hop, visit our talented host, Lexa @ Lexa Cain for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts:  LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, and Katie @ TheCyborgMom
 
Visit participating blogs here:

1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.My Inner Geek8.Eclectic Alli
9.Queendsheena10.Kim Graff
11.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell12.Constantine
13.Viklit14.My Miracle Life
15.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams16.My Creatively Random Life
17.Jeff Chapman's Writing18.Shells Tales and Sails
19.Lara Lacombe20.TF Walsh
21.Caring for my Veteran22.dcrelief
23.Patricia's Place24.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures
25.The Unwavering Part of Me26.About myself, by myself
27.Suzanne Furness28.My Write Spot
29.Elizabeth Seckman30.Avalon
31.Cherdo on the Flipside32.Writing By Marilyn
33.My Baffling Brain34.Planet Kimberly
35.Shah Wharton36.Mere Joyce
37.Just Get It Written38.Tyrean's Writing Spot
39.kathleea.tumblr.com40.Black Coffee and Cigarettes
41.Stephen tremp42.Linda Kay
43.Victorian Scribbles44.Alexia Chamberlynn
45.Dandilyonfluff46.Bames Live
47.The World According To Rhonda48.Curious as a Cathy
49.Tanya Miranda50.Teresa Morse
51.Catherine Ensley52.God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things
53.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 201354.These Are My Monkeys
55.Precious Monsters56.Its a Snap
57.Carole Anne Carr58.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace
59.Square Pegs
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! Congrats on getting pubbed on the Illustration site, and for finding a white pen! Good luck on getting your PBs ready for SCBWI. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at beautiful artwork! Good job!

    Precious Monsters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! 14 years is a good long time! My husband and I celebrated our 15th this past November. I feel old too! I love your drawing...glad you found a white pen that works for you...hope you can find an even finer tip. I know how artists can be choosy about their tools :) Enjoy your week!
    Katie @TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete