Friday, May 15, 2015

Celebrate The Small Things - May 15

 

This week I am celebrating rain! It finally rained in California! Not much, but I hope it keeps coming. My plants need it. I'm tired of water rationing and the fear of getting fined. Not that I'm going to waste water. I water my lawn once or twice a week and I'm feeling as if people are giving me dirty looks every time I'm out there. So, I'm talking to myself with the hose in hand saying, "It's once a week, People! My grass is dying! Chill out!" They aren't going to pay my fine if my grass completely dies, so whatever. 

I am also celebrating good advice from a friend on my picture book and collaborating with a friend. I may be able to look for an agent sooner than later without finishing all the illustrations beforehand.

Another friend told me this week that she wrote a children's book that she was looking for an artist to illustrate. Normally, I would say no to these things, but her story had a good premise. If I can get MY book published, there may be a chance that we can pitch HER book. Or at least get her book picked up even if I'm not chosen to do the illustrations. With the way the PB market is these days, this may just be wishful thinking.

I found an art blog hop called Creative Every Day where you can post something creative that you made that day. There are some people that make scrapbooks, prints, art journals, and other crafty stuff. Not just drawing and painting. I thought it would be fun, so I joined. The other blogs are inspirational because they do things that I don't, but would like to do. It's very relaxed, so there's no pressure to post every day. http://creativeeveryday.com/

On the way to our favorite Indian restaurant, we stumbled upon a farmers' market. We tried dried jujube's for the first time and it was delicious! I had never even heard of it before then. It was crunchy on the outside with a soft and sweet center. It tasted like candy. The merchant told us it was like a cross between a date and an apple. We bought a bag and plan on going to the farmers' market more often.

What are you celebrating?

If you'd like to join the Celebrate The Small Things blog hop, visit our talented host, Lexa @ Lexa Cain for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts:  LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, and Katie @ TheCyborgMom
 
Visit participating blogs here:

1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.My Inner Geek8.Eclectic Alli
9.Queendsheena10.Kim Graff
11.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell12.Constantine
13.Viklit14.My Miracle Life
15.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams16.My Creatively Random Life
17.Jeff Chapman's Writing18.Shells Tales and Sails
19.Lara Lacombe20.TF Walsh
21.Caring for my Veteran22.dcrelief
23.Patricia's Place24.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures
25.The Unwavering Part of Me26.About myself, by myself
27.Suzanne Furness28.My Write Spot
29.Elizabeth Seckman30.Avalon
31.Cherdo on the Flipside32.Writing By Marilyn
33.My Baffling Brain34.Planet Kimberly
35.Shah Wharton36.Mere Joyce
37.Just Get It Written38.Tyrean's Writing Spot
39.kathleea.tumblr.com40.Black Coffee and Cigarettes
41.Stephen tremp42.Linda Kay
43.Victorian Scribbles44.Alexia Chamberlynn
45.Dandilyonfluff46.Curious as a Cathy
47.Tanya Miranda48.Teresa Morse
49.Catherine Ensley50.God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things
51.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 201352.These Are My Monkeys
53.Precious Monsters54.Its a Snap
55.Carole Anne Carr56.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace
57.Square Pegs


7 comments:

  1. Glad you guys finally had some rain. Never heard of jujube, but as a cross between a date and an apple, it sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of jujubes either - they sound yummy. Enjoy the rain and being creative everyday. :)

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news on the rain. And I think it's awesome about you and your friend collaborating. Good luck to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great celebrations! I know how much you all in California have been needing the rain -- hope you get more!
    And good luck on the books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you've thought of this, but if you shower with a bucket inside, the water that splashes in can add up and help your watering situation. Great news on the PB front! I wish you and your new collaborators much luck! I think farmer's markets are awesome - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great celebrations! I hope you get to do that collab and illustrate that other book. Glad you found a creative blog hop to help inspire you!
    Katie @TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
  7. So to be late replying, with an invalid husband life is sometimes very busy :0) Funny to hear rain being celebrated, we live on a very rainy island, never a happy medium is there.

    ReplyDelete