Friday, May 1, 2015

Celebrate The Small Things - May 1


This week had its good and bad points. Is there such a thing as a problem-free life? I wonder if Agafia the hermit has as many problems as city folk have. She never has to deal with insurance, taxes, and other people. On the other hand, starvation is a problem.

This week, I did not get further on my teen novel, but I got several drawings done for my picture book. I have 12-13 drawings done out of about 26 that need to be done. Now I'm getting excited about finishing it.

I've been listening to an audiobook called Virals by Kathy and Brendan Reichs and am almost done with it. It's an interesting book to end the week with. These teens catch a virus that gives them powers and at the same time, they uncover a mystery about a murdered girl. A group of people are trying to kill them while they are dealing with the changes in their bodies. I started reading this book because I saw Brendan Reichs on a panel and he was really funny. The book has some of his humor in it.

The last four books I read are A Snicker of Magic, The School For Good and Evil, Champion, and The Revenge of Seven. The Revenge of Seven is one of the I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies) books. I love those books! I wish they would continue making the movies. Or remake the first one if they have to. And why hasn't anyone made The 39 Clues books into movies? Or a TV series? I would love to see those as well.

I don't usually post recipes, but my friend told me about this super quick healthy muffin recipe you can make in a coffee mug. That's cause for celebration! She heard about it from Dr. Oz. I found the recipe online. Here is the link: http://www.caloriecount.com/dr-oz-microwave-muffin-recipe-r931980

I finished another sketchbook this week! Below is a picture of the cover and a couple of pages from the book.

What are you celebrating?  
 
If you'd like to join the Celebrate The Small Things blog hop, visit our talented host, Lexa @ Lexa Cain for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts:  LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, and Katie @ TheCyborgMom
 
Visit participating blogs here:
 
1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.My Inner Geek8.Eclectic Alli
9.Queendsheena10.Kim Graff
11.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell12.Constantine
13.Viklit14.My Miracle Life
15.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams16.My Creatively Random Life
17.Jeff Chapman's Writing18.Shells Tales and Sails
19.Lara Lacombe20.TF Walsh
21.Caring for my Veteran22.dcrelief
23.Patricia's Place24.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures
25.The Unwavering Part of Me26.About myself, by myself
27.Suzanne Furness28.My Write Spot
29.Elizabeth Seckman30.Avalon
31.Cherdo on the Flipside32.Writing By Marilyn
33.My Baffling Brain34.Planet Kimberly
35.Shah Wharton36.Mere Joyce
37.Just Get It Written38.Tyrean's Writing Spot
39.kathleea.tumblr.com40.Black Coffee and Cigarettes
41.Stephen tremp42.Linda Kay
43.Victorian Scribbles44.Alexia Chamberlynn
45.Dandilyonfluff46.Bames Live
47.The World According To Rhonda48.Curious as a Cathy
49.Tanya Miranda50.Teresa Morse
51.Catherine Ensley52.God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things
53.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 201354.These Are My Monkeys
55.Precious Monsters56.Its a Snap
57.Carole Anne Carr58.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace
 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for reading enjoyable books and for completing illustrations for your PB! Thanks for the recipe link. I think your drawings are great! I especially liked the last one - such a sad princess yet totally adorable! Have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful celebrations! I love the cake in a mug idea!

    ReplyDelete