Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Yallwest 2015


 
I went to Yallwest last weekend and got to go to a few panels. It was interesting to hear these well-known writers speak. The book festival was in Santa Monica, not far from the beach, so it had a beach theme. It was decorated with beach balls, umbrellas, and other beach accessories. 

Here is a list of authors that were there: http://www.yallwest.com/authors-artists

Brendan Reichs was such a funny guy! I haven't read any of his books before, but I want to now. That goes for Melissa De La Cruz as well. Shannon Hale was also hilarious.

I was thrilled to see Marissa Meyer (Cinder), Veronica Roth (Divergent), Marie Lu (Legend), Taherah Mafi (Shatter Me), and Ransom Riggs (Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children). Did you know that Ransom and Taherah were a couple? I didn't know that! She was sitting behind me at one panel. She is so shy and sweet. And, not to mean this in a bad way, but Ransom looks like someone who would write Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. He would probably get along really well with Gris Grimly. In fact, they should do a book together. With Ransom writing it and Gris illustrating it, that would be a cool book.

YouTube vloggers from the Katytastic and Polandbananasbooks vlogs were also there, but I had a conflicting panel to go to so I wasn't able to go to theirs. I did see them, though and they had a huge group following them and lining up to get pictures and autographs from them. I tried to get in line, but by the time I got there, they had closed the line. Aargh! They both had red dresses on and prettied themselves up. Awww, how cute.

Here are some pics I took:

 
That's Ransom Riggs speaking. Marissa Meyer is at the end.

 
Melissa de la Cruz is moderating on the left. Shannon Hale is in the center. Marissa Meyer is the one in red at the end. I can't remember who the rest are (sorry!), but they had good stories. 




No comments:

Post a Comment