Friday, March 20, 2015

Celebrate The Small Things - March 20, 2015

 

I wasn't very productive this week. We went to Disneyland on Saturday and my kids had a karate testing on Sun. We also had lunch with the family on Sun. to celebrate my son's birthday. Then on Sunday night, the salad I ate had gluten in it so I had a stomach ache on Monday morning. It made me uncomfortable, bloated and fatigued for a couple of days. Since we were busy all weekend, I had to catch up with the laundry and household chores during the week. That cut into the time I needed to spend working on my books. On top of that, our water heater's pilot light went out again, so I had to relight it and call the water heater company. Plus, the engine light on my car went on, so I had to go to the auto shop. Sometimes I feel like the "forces that be" prevent me from working on my books. Right now I have 15 minutes to post this and get some sort of work done before I have to pick up my kids from school because they have a minimum day today. Next week is spring break and they will be home all week which gives me very little time if any to work on my books. I wanted to finish my picture book and enter the SCBWI picture book contest, but that deadline has come and gone. :o(  *sigh*  

However...I will celebrate filling a sketchbook that I started in 2007. I made the sketchbook myself and ended up putting too many pages in it. I'm not likely to make another one like it again since I don't like the binding. It's ugly anyway. This is what it looks like:


This is one of my favorite drawings from the sketchbook:

 

What are you celebrating?  
 
If you'd like to join the Celebrate The Small Things blog hop, visit our wonderful host, Lexa @ Lexa Cain for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts:  LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, and Katie @ TheCyborgMom
 
 
Visit participating blogs here:
 
1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.My Inner Geek8.Eclectic Alli
9.Queendsheena10.Kim Graff
11.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell12.Constantine
13.Viklit14.My Miracle Life
15.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams16.My Creatively Random Life
17.Jeff Chapman's Writing18.Shells Tales and Sails
19.Lara Lacombe20.TF Walsh
21.Caring for my Veteran22.dcrelief
23.Patricia's Place24.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures
25.The Unwavering Part of Me26.About myself, by myself
27.Suzanne Furness28.My Write Spot
29.Elizabeth Seckman30.Avalon
31.Cherdo on the Flipside32.Writing By Marilyn
33.My Baffling Brain34.Child Of Expression
35.Planet Kimberly36.Shah Wharton
37.Mere Joyce38.Just Get It Written
39.Tyrean's Writing Spot40.kathleea.tumblr.com
41.Black Coffee and Cigarettes42.Stephen tremp
43.Linda Kay44.Victorian Scribbles
45.Alexia Chamberlynn46.Dandilyonfluff
47.Bames Live48.South Africa
49.The World According To Rhonda50.Curious as a Cathy
51.Tanya Miranda52.Teresa Morse
53.Catherine Ensley
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kimberly, just to have the energy to get all of that done for the week, is a huge celebration in itself!! Wow, and the way you handle a crisis or two, three, four... give yourself some credit.

    You'll be writing soon! (smile) Rest up for the Spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a full week with too many irritations. But just because you're not writing doesn't mean you can't be working on your book. There's always time to think about scenes, settings, characters, and to jot down notes in a little notebook. I often work out plot problems when I wash dishes! lol I really like the sketch of Marilyn. I hope you make it through spring break! ;)

    ReplyDelete