Friday, February 13, 2015

Celebrate The Small Things - Feb. 13

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UmlBG_h0RKE/UpvxxjY9ooI/AAAAAAAABhI/_v5o6aOynxo/s1600/Celebrate%2Bblog%2Bhop.jpg 

This week I drew a few pages for my children's book when Zoinks! I realized that the baby/toddler character was looking too old to be in diapers. I liked my thumbnail sketch a lot better, but it wasn't consistent with what I had already drawn.

This is my thumbnail sketch:
So now I am going to have to draw out model sheets of each character to keep myself consistent. Model sheets will consist of drawing each character from the front, side, back, and 3/4" views which are basically the drawings between those poses. Fun times. 

My husband thinks I should just draw the whole thing sketchy like my thumbnail then add some paint and be done with it. He likes my sketchy look and I agree, but I also like the more finished look that I already started with. Like this one:

 

I have a lot more work to do, but I'm celebrating the fact that I figured out a problem before I got too far along. Here's to creative enlightenment!

Have a happy Valentine's Day! I'm hoping to get lots of chocolate. If not, there will be hell to pay. ;o) Just kidding. Maybe.
 

What are you celebrating? 
If you'd like to join the Celebrate The Small Things blog hop, visit our wonderful host, Lexa @ Lexa Cain for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts:  LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, and Katie @ TheCyborgMom

Celebrate The Small Things Sign-Up Linky:

1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.My Inner Geek8.Eclectic Alli
9.Queendsheena10.Kim Graff
11.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell12.Constantine
13.Viklit14.My Miracle Life
15.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams16.My Creatively Random Life
17.Jeff Chapman's Writing18.Shells Tales and Sails
19.Lara Lacombe20.TF Walsh
21.Caring for my Veteran22.dcrelief
23.Patricia's Place24.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures
25.The Unwavering Part of Me26.About myself, by myself
27.Suzanne Furness28.My Write Spot
29.Elizabeth Seckman30.Avalon
31.Cherdo on the Flipside32.Writing By Marilyn
33.My Baffling Brain34.Child Of Expression
35.Planet Kimberly36.Shah Wharton
37.Mere Joyce38.Just Get It Written
39.Tyrean's Writing Spot40.kathleea.tumblr.com
41.Black Coffee and Cigarettes42.Stephen tremp
43.Linda Kay44.Azurah
45.eViL pOp TaRt46.Victorian Scribbles

3 comments:

  1. I can see why your husband like the sketchy style. It's very unusual and artistic. But if I were buying a PB, I'd rather get the more sophisticated look. I love the way the girl's hair shines. Have a good weekend, and a Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are charming pictures! Engaging. I'd like to know the story they are telling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I like your sketches, I love your use of color. I vote color for childrens books :)

    ReplyDelete