Saturday, August 23, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things - Aug. 22

This week I finally caught up with some reading and finished 3 books. I read The Lost Years of Merlin (book 1) by T.A. Barron, Eggs by Jerry Spinelli (one of my new favorite authors), and The View From Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg.

I read several books at one time. Sometimes I get bored with them and set them aside to read here and there, then I finish them all at once.

I'm currently reading Liar & Spy which I like a lot. It reminds me a little of Harriet The Spy. I loved Harriet the Spy when I was around twelve. I wish I had read Liar & Spy when I was that age.

I'm also reading Deliver Us From Evil by Ralph Sarchie which is so fascinating to me, but scares me a little too much. I can only read a few pages at at time and only during the day or else I'm afraid I'll bring demons to me. That's what it feels like when I read this book, but being the sucker that I am, I keep reading.

Twice when I was reading this book while eating my breakfast on separate days, some dishes or utensils moved in my kitchen sink. It startled me, but my rational mind told me it was probably something that I put in the sink that slipped or some dishes settling. Then I got mad because that's what happens sometimes when I get scared. I said something like, "Dammit!" or "You son of a..." as if I was mad at the dishes for scaring me. I refused to get off my chair to go look in the sink because I just wanted to finish my oatmeal and read my book. Plus, I was comfortable.

I wouldn't mind seeing a ghost. I just don't want to be startled or scared about it. And if I'm tired like I am now, it had better be a good one if I have to get up off my chair to investigate.


If you'd like to Celebrate The Small Things, visit our wonderful host, VikLit @ Scribblings of an Aspiring Author for more information.  And don't forget to check out her co-hosts:  Diana Wilder, LG Keltner @ Writing Off the Edge, Katie @ TheCyborgMom, and CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse

 
This is a Blog Hop!
24.
25.
33.
43.



You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 159 days, 2 hrs, 18 min (12/31/2014 11:59 PM Europe - Greenwich Mean Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...

2 comments:

  1. You are so much braver than me...I would freak out to see a ghost! eeek! For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone can read more than one book at once. My daughter and husband do it all the time...I just can't. Maybe because I'm not a good multi-tasker? I don't know. Kudos to you for having the ability!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing that book! I'm a lot like you in that I tend to read multiple books at once, so I can definitely understand how finishing can be an accomplishment (I may have a few books I never got around to going back to *shame*)

    ReplyDelete