Friday, July 11, 2014

Celebrate The Small Things: July 11


I got 2 compliments this week from friends at the gym. Without prompting, one girl said I look like I lost weight. Later, another girl noticed that she could see more muscles in my arms. When I weighed myself, I discovered that I lost 4 lbs. Yay! My new workout routine is working!

I started the Body Beast workout with my husband and his friends about a month ago. There are 2 workout options to that program, the Lean Beast and the Huge Beast. The Lean Beast is supposed to slim you down. The Huge Beast is supposed to build muscle.

We started on the Lean Beast, but I didn't like it because it was too easy of a workout for me. My own workouts were harder because I sweat more and my muscles would be sore. Each day after the Lean Beast workout, I was like, "Okay, what's next?" I could've done another hour of working out.

So, in Block 2 which is like Phase 2, I decided to do the Huge Beast workout on my own. Now that is a workout! I'm not overly sore like I am when I take some classes at the gym, but I do feel like it's making a difference, especially in my arms.

I add a few things to it here an there like dips, pull-ups, jump rope, squats, etc., but for the most part, the program seems to be doing what it's supposed to.

Now, I actually weigh a pound less than what I weighed when I was 12! I'm still not "pool ready" but it's something.

Celebrating the small things. :o)



3 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly, Congrats on doing so well with your workouts! Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat too, so don't necessarily go by just the numbers on the scale. :) I'm sure you're more pool ready than you think.

    Consider linking the Celebrate image and list to your weekly posts so visitors will be able to sign up and find you faster. I found you by luck visiting the master linky. :) Have a great day and I'll see you next week! Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for losing a few...and better yet...people noticed! The names of the workouts gave me a chuckle...the Lean Beast and the Huge Beast...that's pretty funny and self explanatory!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news and kudos to you for keeping to your routine! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete