Saturday, June 7, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things, June 6

This week I started the Body Beast workout with my husband and his friends. I'm celebrating the completion of 5 days of this workout. Whew! I made it.

The first day was the most challenging. It was chest and triceps day. Those are parts I hardly ever work out, so of course they were the hardest for me. My arms and pecs are still sore from it.

The rest of the week was fairly easy. The guys hated the leg day which most guys do, but I didn't mind it. I didn't want to fall behind, but I ended up being 2 sets ahead of the guys. At some point I even lifted heavier than them which was surprising since they are all pretty muscular guys.

They added pull-ups, dips, and push-ups as a warm-up for each day. I hate pull-ups, but I did them the best I could. I can only improve as I do them, right?

Today we worked shoulders and back. I worked out my rear delts. I have never worked that muscle before in my life. I didn't even know there was an exercise for them. And shrugs. I did shrugs. My traps are already big to begin with even though I don't work them out, but I did them anyway. It wasn't bad. Being short and having to lift my arms up to cook and wash dishes already works my traps out on a daily basis. I think that's why they are already big.

Anyway, that's the accomplishment I'm celebrating this week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Major accomplishment in my book...for me, walking every day is on that level. Good work!

    D.B. McNicol
    Romance & Mystery...writing my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! With all my medical problems, just cleaning is a workout for me! :) Good luck in the weeks to come.
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete