Friday, May 9, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things May 9

This week I celebrated 13 years married to my husband. We've actually been together for 17 years. It's not such a small thing to celebrate, but it's significant enough to note. I spent an hour online looking for fun stuff to do in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Santa Barbara, but I couldn't find anything interesting I wanted to do for our anniversary. I'm tired of the theme parks, can't go wine tasting because I'm allergic to wine, didn't want to see a show or concert, and none of the museum exhibits were interesting to me. I've already done most of the things I wanted to do anyway in Southern California. We didn't want to travel very far from our kids, so we stayed local. I'm fine with good gluten-free food and a bookstore. He took me to Santa Monica to a great Yucatan Mexican restaurant that had awesome gluten-free enchiladas. Just the sweet corn tamale appetizers were worth going there for. I haven't been to Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade in years, so we went there afterwards since it was nearby. It was nice to walk around there without the kids and just be a couple. The street performers there are really talented! It reminded me of Europe. My husband took me to a place that had a really good gluten-free lemon bar. It even had a gluten-free crust! It was wonderful to get some alone time for our anniversary, but next time we go to the Third Street Promenade, we are going to bring our kids.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect night together! I'm from New York and visited Santa Monica many moons ago...

    ReplyDelete