Friday, May 30, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things, May 31, 2014

So, this week I did not complete the Illustration Friday drawing even though I had an idea for it in my head. I just didn't have time. My washing machine broke down so it took me extra long to do several loads of laundry. The spin cycle went kaput. It's a no-go, so I had to wring the water out of the clothes and let them drip dry on a drying rack a bit before putting them in the dryer. Luckily it has been a very hot week.

Anyway, I'm celebrating the fact that I just completed my third sketchbook this year! That is a feat for me because it usually takes me around 4 years on average to fill one sketchbook. And it wasn't filled with crappy drawings like my other sketchbooks were. This face-a-day drawing thing I'm doing on my art blog is actually doing me some good. Who knew? I thought it was just another pain-in-the-butt project I put myself through.

Here is the last drawing of the sketchbook I completed today:

 
Oh, and this week I actually finished the synopsis of my middle grade book! This week is full of surprises. Now I have to do an even shorter version of it (just in case a certain agent calls for it), a logline, and a query letter. Such daunting tasks. Haha. One step at a time.

Okay, so off-topic, if you like French music, go to YouTube and type in Priscilla Je Vais M'en Sortir. Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgWYYDI25Q8. 

Listen to her song with the lyrics, then scroll down to see a girl named Lolicy perform it. This girl is such a good singer! I really hope she makes it. She sounds just like Priscilla! I feel really bad for her that there wasn't much of a crowd at the park to hear her sing. And she only got a little over a thousand hits on YouTube since 2009! There really is hidden talent out there.
Here is the link to Lolicy's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itqgqJaCDns

I'm glad I found her video. It's one of the highlights of my day.


1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful news about your sketch book and about the MG synopsis! Congrats on a productive week!

    ReplyDelete