Thursday, April 17, 2014

A to Z Challenge: O is for One Thing in a French Day

 

I listen to a podcast called One Thing in a French Day by a French woman named Laetitia. I am amazed that she can make money off of what is basically an audio blog about her talking about her day. She doesn’t make money off the podcasts per se since those are free, but she sells books containing the transcripts collected during the year.

She speaks in French, but you can get the transcription from her web site if you have a hard time understanding spoken French. I don’t think they are translated, but if you are learning French, you can read along with what she’s saying to better help you understand the spoken word.

You have to pay for the transcriptions or newsletter I think, but it’s only about 3 euros per month which is roughly around $3.

She talks about her three young daughters or her husband and the places she goes. They seem to take a lot of vacations! Or that’s what it seems like to me because I don’t take any. lol

She’s not far from Paris, so she’ll talk about where she goes when she goes there or she talks about meeting up with a friend and going to a museum with her, etc. Aah, must be nice, right?

She adds humor to some of her podcasts as well.

The podcasts are short, about 2-3 minutes, so it’s not like it takes a big chunk out of your day or room on your iPhone.

 It’s strangely interesting to get a glimpse of someone else’s life in a different country.

You can find her podcasts on iTunes.

 Here is the link to her web site: http://onethinginafrenchday.podbean.com/

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could take some fancy French vacations! LOL Oh, well...maybe someday. I got to nap today, so for that I'm grateful. That's almost like a vacation, right? :)

    ReplyDelete