Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A to Z Challenge: A is for Annecy








Photo by TripAdvisor



I would love to go to The Annecy International Animation Film Festival held annually in France. Not to submit a film, but to watch the films presented. I like animation from different parts of the world. The artwork is different and they have different things to say other than the usual Disney princess movies we have here in the US.

At the festival, there are panels where you can listen to filmmakers talk about how they go about making their films which I think would be interesting. They also have signings where you can meet the filmmakers and get their autograph.

I stumbled across the site of an artist that was preparing for the film festival. She posted pictures of herself drawing like crazy to make it in time. It was very inspiring for me to see how passionate she was and how hard she was working at her dream.

The city or town of Annecy looks beautiful as well.

If you’re not familiar with foreign-made animated films, watch Persepolis. It’s good. Watch it without knowing what it’s about. It’s better that way. I don't think it's for kids, though. The issues are way over their head.

I also like A Cat in Paris. It’s so charming! I watched it with my kids and they liked it. It's about the friendship between a cat-burglar and a girl who witnesses a crime.



3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Ida, part of co host Pam's Unconventional Alliance. Dropping in from the #atozchallenge. I love foreign films and I love France. - btw Your photo is showing up as white on my browser - all the best Reflex Reactions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that is so brilliant one. I love the pics totally. Also I love the way you used Annecy for A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, and animation is an A too, so you've got the letter completely covered! I enjoy the Sick and Twisted Animation festival in San Diego, but I'm not usually a big fan of animation, in general. Foreign animation might be fun though. I always enjoyed the SD Film Festival as well, which had tons of foreign films, and I loved it! Plus, that's a beautiful place! I'd go just for the scenery. :)

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — A is for 'Almost Human' (and Action and Androids)

    ReplyDelete