Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A to Z Challenge: H is for Hunt For The Skinwalker



Hunt for the Skinwalker is a non-fiction book written by Colm Kelleher and George Knapp. It's about a ranch in Utah that has a lot of paranormal activity. Almost everything paranormal happens at this ranch. The couple that lived at the ranch experienced poltergeists, orbs, skinwalkers that were unusually large wolves that didn't even flinch when they were shot, Bigfoot, a possible portal to another world, UFOs, cattle mutilations, black helicopters, etc.

I admit, I was scared when I read some of the things that happened in this book.

I had never heard of skinwalkers before reading this book. In the book, they write about witches creating these creatures around certain boulders in Utah. Some Native American Indian tribes believe in them. 

I know a Navajo woman and asked her, "Do you believe in skinwalkers?"
She said, "You mean like those werewolf things?"
In the book, they didn't call it a werewolf, but I guess it was sort of like that. I said, "Yes."
She said, "Yes. I saw one when I was a kid."
She told me that one night when she was a little girl, there was a big commotion going on with her dad, brothers, uncles, and cousins. They ran in the house, grabbed their guns and ran out. She was told to stay inside the house. While she was in the house, she saw this man in the window looking at her. He was changing into a wolf. 

I don't remember the rest of the story, but she said there was something you were supposed to do before the creature completely took on the wolf form. I don't know if it was to look away or to kill it.

I wish I could ask her again, but I don't see her on a regular basis like I used to. She lives far away.

I asked another Native American Indian about it, but he was not Navajo. He didn't know much about skinwalkers, but he said his grandmother would've known about stuff like that. I think the Hopi believe in it, too.

Anyway, the book is really good if you are interested in that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment