Saturday, April 5, 2014

A to Z Challenge: E is for Elementals

 

I like Elementals like fairies, gnomes, leprechauns and such. I have heard that some people such as psychics can see them. They are probably an element to this planet that have been around long before we got here. Sort of like a spiritual element.

I have also heard that in Ireland, they believe in them. They say that these spirits or creatures live in boulders and that roads will be built around the boulders instead of blowing the boulders up so as not to disturb or anger the creatures living in them.

I'm hearing more and more stories about them and that they can even come into your house. Someone said they like to play mischief on you like take your keys and hide them. You have to say something like, "Who took my keys?" which I guess is like an acknowledgement to them and they will return your keys. 

My son said he saw what he calls a "leprechaun" trying to keep up with our car once. He said it was a little man swinging from branch to branch like someone on the monkey bars at school. I said, "Are you sure it wasn't a squirrel? Did it have fur?" He said, "No, it wasn't a squirrel. It didn't have fur. It had arms like ours and legs that were swinging." I said, "It wasn't a bird?" He said, "No, it wasn't a bird." He also said it was wearing a hat. I said, "What kind of hat?" He said, "A flat one. Like flat on the top." I said, "Like on the Lucky Charms box?!" He said, "Like a top hat." I said, "Well, that's sort of like the one on the Lucky Charms box." He said, "It was trying to keep up with the car. When we turned the corner, I turned to look back and he was gone."

That would be an interesting creature to see and draw.

One time I heard a girl call in to the radio station and said she saw a little man that gave her a mean stare as she walked down a dirt road. Like he didn't want her there. I don't remember if he yelled at her, but he turned around and walked into a hole in a tree. She said he was very hostile toward her. She was scared. She wanted to know of anyone else experienced the same thing. How bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment