Wednesday, March 5, 2014

NaBloPoMo Prompt: When or where do you feel most like yourself?



I feel the most like myself when I’m with the cousins that I grew up with. They’re like siblings to me. Some don’t criticize, while others are blunt. We can let things roll off our back with no hard feelings. I know that they will accept me no matter what and vice versa. My cousin would sometimes say crap to my dad to insult him and my dad would say, “Stacey, you’re an a--hole.” Then they would just laugh.

When I’m home with my husband and kids, I can sing and be off key. The kids are young enough to think that I sing well. lol My husband will tell me when I’m off key and we can laugh about it. He sings well. After a couple of years of trying to get me to sing, I finally did it. He’s encouraging.  The funny thing is, I sound good on the karaoke machine, but he sounds worse on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment