Thursday, March 6, 2014

NaBloPoMo Prompt: Does blogging bring out your best or worst self?



I think blogging brings out my best self because I try not to write anything negative or ugly online. Those things come back to bite you in the butt and people don’t want to hear it anyway.

On the other hand, blogging has brought out the procrastinator in me. I’m supposed to spend my day writing my middle grade book. Instead, I’ve been spending my days thinking about what I’m going to write for my blogs, checking them, reading other blogs, and debating on whether or not to do the A to Z challenge in April.

2 comments:

  1. I have found that blogging takes a big chunk out of my writing time. I have got to rearrange that and work more on my book.
    I participated in the A to Z challenge last year. It is a lot of work, but I got a lot of short stories written. I am going to participate again this year. I hope you will join me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, I think I found out about the A to Z Challenge through your blog! :o) I have decided to sign up for it. I wanted to base my theme off of cities of the world that I think are interesting, want to visit, or learn about. I'm not sure, though. I think I might just talk about random topics or whatever I feel like writing at the moment.

      It's great that you are using it to write your short stories. I guess that kills two birds with one stone. It sounds like short stories would take up a lot of time, but maybe it's something I should do, too. I'll have to think about it. It would be a good writing exercise!

      Delete