Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Writing Voice



NaBloPoMo Prompt: How is your writing voice like you? How does your writing voice differ from you?

I try to incorporate my humor into my writing voice. Ideally, I would like to be a funnier person. I admire people like Will Smith who are just naturally funny and witty. My husband thinks I’m very funny and I love him for that. I tell him that the reason why certain people are my closest friends is because they laugh at my stupid jokes.
Some people take my jokes too seriously and they just stare at me or take it the wrong way. They don’t get it. Those people are usually not my friends. lol

Sometimes my writing voice can be too dry and textbook-y. I’m a more relaxed person and am very young at heart. I like to listen to teen pop and sometimes act so silly that my young kids are annoyed at me instead of the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment