Thursday, March 13, 2014

Have you ever been part of a group blog? Tell us about your experience.



I used to be a part of a blog group called Monday Artday. Every Monday, there would be a word given by the moderator of the site and we would have to draw something about that word. We had a week to do it. Sometimes it was hard. I didn’t participate much because I couldn’t think of anything clever enough to draw and if I did it would’ve taken me too long to do it with my schedule.

I was actually going to participate again a couple of weeks ago, but found out that they stopped doing Monday Artday.

Oh well. There’s still Illustration Friday. It’s the same concept, but the word is given out on Friday instead of Monday. Illustration Friday came before Monday Artday and it’s still going strong. Instead of a blog, it’s a web site where you can read interviews of successful artists and participate in various events. It’s a good place to get ideas, look at different art styles, find other art blogs, learn stuff about illustration, and get exposure to your own art pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment