Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Figuring out what to write in a synopsis

So, I finished my middle grade book and am working on my synopsis. In addition to that, I've been trying to promote my YA Romance novel on other web sites. Promoting is like a full time job! Ugh!

By the way, if you want to see my drawings, I'm active on my art blog again. www.smallkeedtime.blogspot.com.

As if I didn't have enough to do in a day, I started drawing a face-a-day for that blog. I had the idea to do that 5 years ago, but it never lasted more than 22 days. Now that I actually started it on my blog, I feel like I have to keep up with it. I sort of posted it without thinking and now it's like a New Year's Resolution that I have to keep up with because other people are watching. I wonder if they are watching to see if I fail rather than actually looking at my drawings.

Anyway, I found a useful video on YouTube called How To Write A Synopsis by Mark O'Bannon of www.betterstorytelling.net. There are others out there, but I found this one to be clear and interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJnMXwav0A.

Bob Mayer has one, too. You can't see what he wrote on the board, but he has some good tips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmF3Zr3L2tI. Apparently, he has online classes on writing if you are interested.


I am currently reading The Little Friend by Donna Tartt.

No comments:

Post a Comment