Tuesday, October 22, 2013

“You can fly! You can fly!” “She flew!”


For my sister-in-law’s birthday we went to iFly Hollywood. That’s where you get to fly in a wind tunnel with an instructor. It’s sort of like sky-diving, but without the threat of death.

We had to wear flight suits that had handles on the back and shoulders so the instructor could pull us into position. My kids got Superman suits to wear, so that was cool.

The suits are functional, but not flattering. People say a camera adds 20 lbs. to your appearance. Well, the flight suit adds 50. I looked like I had one too many donuts.

And those goggles! They smash your face, so you look like your features are rearranged. I had monster eyes. I didn’t even recognize my husband.

Other than that, the flight was awesome! Everyone had a blast. I smiled so much my mouth dried out. I flew high in the air, but there was no sinking feeling in my stomach that gave me the sense of falling. It wasn’t scary at all.

Marco was our instructor and he was super nice and patient. He did tricks in the air and landed with precision in the doorway. We all got two turns to fly plus a DVD and photos from iFly. For a small fee, of course.

It’s expensive, but we all want to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment