Friday, October 18, 2013

Dad is Fat


I was in Target last week and was happy to see a book by one of my favorite comedians, Jim Gaffigan, on the shelf. It’s called Dad is Fat. I never read books by comedians, but I wanted to read this one. The first few paragraphs were funny, but what sealed the deal was the back cover. It just had a photo and 2 lines that read: Buy this book. I is a good writer.

I’m currently reading the book and can say there are a lot of laughs in it. If you are a parent you will totally relate to it. He has five kids. I’m surprised he still has a sense of humor.

I admire comedians. It’s hard to be funny on a consistent basis. I told my husband that my best friends are my best friends because they laugh at my stupid jokes. Other people would just raise their eyebrows at me or think I was saying something offensive.

Books I’m currently reading are Dad is Fat, Shiver, The Host, and I’m still reading Dark Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment