Monday, September 9, 2013

Anne Rice Interview

Today on Goodreads there was a live chat with Anne Rice. It is a little over 30 minutes long. She talked about her new book, The Wolves of Midwinter, a bit about her writing process, and her vampire characters among other things.
Here is the link: 
http://www.livestream.com/goodreads/video?clipId=pla_06a4e5b1-aa5a-4fb9-9f57-5890f8643383

It has been many years since I have read her books, but I have read quite a lot of them. I found it interesting that when she writes, she doesn't start out planning to write a series. However, Cassandra Clare, in the interview further down the page on the above link, does plan out her series before she writes them.

There are several interviews with other authors on that link that I plan on watching later. I'm sure there are many interesting things to learn from them about writing and life.

On a random note, I just finished reading Possessed: The True Story of an Exorcism by Thomas Allen. It tells about the boy who The Exorcist book and movie was based on. One of the priests that performed the exorcism, Father Bishop, kept a detailed diary of the exorcism. The diary was left in a drawer in the hospital room where the boy was exorcised and the room was locked up for decades. For me, it wasn't scary, but I found it interesting and educational.

And, on a much lighter note, I'm currently reading Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster which has a lot of laughs. I think any girl that grew up in the 70s and 80s will appreciate it. She mentions Kristy McNichol and Brooke Shields. I did not see that coming.

Stephen King says to read a variety of books,so I think I'm living up to that advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment