Saturday, August 10, 2013

Outlining Tutorials in Scrivener

I was searching YouTube for tutorials on how to use Scrivener when I came across Kat whose name on YouTube is Katytastic. She has a great tutorial on how to outline your novel in Scrivener. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ryXJ18eUp8
She has each chapter broken down for you so that you don’t have to do it yourself. I’m planning on following her structure and hoping it will make my writing life easier.

Her other vlogs where she talks about books are entertaining and funny. If anything, you have to see her bookshelves! O_O At first I thought she was standing in a bookstore. Her books are neatly organized to the point of obsession. If she ever saw my bookshelves, I think she would have a stroke.

Another YouTube tutorial on Scrivener that I like is by Karen Prince. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmgMFsFkhx4&list=WL290E5629B270A3B7
She has some great ideas on organizing your novel that I think are useful. I wish I had seen this video before I started writing my middle grade book because it’s more organized than the way I set mine up. Not that mine was set up poorly. I don’t think you can go wrong with Scrivener when it comes to that. It’s much better than Word at organizing your novel, but at the same time Word is faster and easier at formatting.


My next novel is going to be complicated, so Scrivener will definitely come in handy. I am relying on it to help me organize all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment