Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stuffed Puppet on the Bed

While my son was at school, I walked in his room to put something away. Our dog followed me.

My son keeps his stuffed animals in the space between the wall and his bed. He calls it his “crack." It’s funny when he says things like, “I like to keep my stuffed animals in my crack.”

Anyway, I took one of the stuffed animals out of the “crack” to see if the dog would play with it. It was a puppy puppet, so I put it on my hand, made it wave at her, tried to throw my voice, but the dog just stared at it. I propped the stuffed puppet on the blanket on top of the bed in a sitting position and left it there.

Later, after my son came home, he came up to me and said, “Mom, I’ve got to tell you something. I’m really creeped out right now.” He had gone into his room and seen the puppet sitting on his bed where he knew he hadn't placed it when he left. I told him I had put it there and he looked at me like I was crazy.

I had a good laugh at that and I wish I had seen the look on his face when he saw the puppet there. He has seen a ghost before, so he’s easily creeped out by those kinds of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment