Sunday, January 6, 2013

On Twitter

To Twitter or not to Twitter, that is the question that I’ve been asking myself for months. I have been told that I should, but have been resisting it. It seems there are a lot of interesting organizations and people to follow on there, but I don’t want it to take up too much of my time.

I’m also afraid of becoming a chatty Kathy and adding my 2 cents of nothing every 5 seconds from my phone. Not that I don’t add my 2 cents of nothing to this blog, but posting on a blog takes up way more time so I’m less likely to be on it all day.

Facebook takes up enough of my time and I even debate whether or not to delete my account, but I never do.

It’s amazing how much you find out about your friends and family through Facebook. The information can be useful in case they turn out to be weirder than you thought. That way you can avoid them at social events and family parties.

Sometimes people send out party invitations through Facebook, so if you don’t check it, you don’t go. That can be a good or bad thing depending on the person. A caveat to sending an invite through Facebook is having uninvited guests show up at your party that weren’t on the invite list. Again, that can be a good or bad thing depending on the person.

The other problem with Twitter is that it just might be another social site where you have to weed out the weirdoes.

The debate continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment