Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 3

This is the 3rd day of NaNoWriMo and I am getting farther away from my outline.  I wonder how others are faring.

I'm finding that I have less time to write than I was expecting.  I've been writing in the morning and late at night, but this is making me so tired that I tend to fall asleep while I'm writing.  So, I walk around, eat Halloween candy, do push-ups then come back to write, and round and round we go.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning and find I have written the same sentence twice while falling asleep writing the night before.  

I wrote a timeline out for my story which is helping me a lot.  I can see what events will happen in sequence according to the months, seasons and holidays.  It helps to refer back to it when I'm not sure what will happen next, when the days will be shorter or longer, what kind of clothes the characters would be wearing at a given time, or what event or holiday they would be preparing for.

I'm writing on an old laptop that doesn't connect to the internet so that stops me from surfing the web instead of writing.  It helps me stay focused.

Remember all the bad books we read?  We can do better, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment