Friday, October 28, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 starts in 4 days.

I found out National Novel Writing Month about a month or two ago and have decided to participate.  This will be my first NaNoWriMo.

I wrote a pretty detailed outline for it and worked on it for a whole month.  Lots of elements in the story have changed since I started writing the outline and now I don't have an ending.  At this point, I'm just going to let the story write itself because even if I have an ending, it's most likely going to change as I write it.

I even went as far as creating bullet points for each chapter which may or may not help.

I have read quite a few books on writing and they all basically say the same thing, but the ones that I liked are: Plot & Structure by James Scott Bell and First Draft in 30 Days by Karen Wiesner.  Karen Wiesner described me to a T in her book.  It was like she was a psychic.

I am currently reading On Writing by Stephen King.  I don't usually read his books, but this is a good one!  He's a really good story-teller!

I'm going to eat a late dinner now and do some writing.  I already worked out today, so I'm justifying my late dinner, but still, it's probably not a good thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment